Free if you maintain a balance of at least
Our lowest priced plan includes up to 12 monthly transactions.
The Basic plan at a glance
Our low-cost Basic plan is perfect for those who make only a few transactions every month.
12 transactions per month
You can make up to 12 transactions for no additional charge, including transactions on AccèsD, with your debit card
An easy, secure way to send and receive money in Canadian dollars by text message or email.
Consult detailed transactions for all your accounts while helping reduce paper consumption.
- 12 transactions per month
- Transactions on AccèsD
- Cheque and ATM transactions
- Teller transactions
- Desjardins Access Card (debit card)
- Online or paper account statements
- Access to the AccuLink® ATM network
What's not included
Drafts, personalized cheques
5, certified cheques, discounted safety deposit box rental 6, monthly return of paper cheque images 7
How to open an account online
Choose a plan
Choose a plan that best suits your transaction habits. Gather the required information, then start the process to open your account online.
Fill out the application online
Create your profile and have your identity verified. Choose the caisse that will be your point of service for this account, then confirm your selections. You'll be able to use your account as soon as your application is approved.
Useful information about this account
Learn more about service fees
Transactions that exceed the maximum allowed under your plan or that are not included in your plan are charged at the regular transaction rate.
Many transactions are always free
Regardless which plan you choose, you'll never pay for the following transactions:
- ATM and teller deposits
- Direct and mobile deposits
- Line of credit payments
- Automatic transfers between accounts in a single folio
On AccèsD (Internet, mobile or telephone
- Transfers and payments of bills registered in your file: $1.25
At the ATM
- Withdrawals, transfers and payments of bills registered in your file: $1.25
Additional network access
- Interac®: $1.50
- AccuLink®: free
2network (outside Canada):
- North America: $3.00
- Elsewhere in the world: $5.00
At the counter
- Cheque cashing, withdrawals and transfers
- Bill payments
- Direct payments (Canada, US): $1.25
- Preauthorized withdrawals
- Automatic transfers between accounts in different folios: $1.25
Fees may also apply for account maintenance (passbook account), paper statements and other services.
Accounts that cannot be opened online
We can assist you in person at a caisse near you or answer your questions by phone if you're looking to open:
- An account with the offer for newcomers to Canada
- An account with the offer for high school students
- An account with the offer for post-secondary students
- A joint account
- An account for a child between 5 and 11
If you're already a Desjardins member:
To open an additional account, go to the Accounts section on AccèsD.
Are you eligible for an offer?
Open an everyday account
Set aside about 10 minutes to open your account with the Basic plan.
Our cooperative nature
Membership is more than just opening an account
Every Desjardins caisse is a financial services cooperative. As a member, you can take part in caisse decisions
Sharing is in our nature
Become a member of a financial cooperative that shares your values. The well-being of our members and communities is what drives our actions.
First, log in to AccèsD from a web browser or via the Desjardins mobile services app.
From a web browser:
- Select More options in the right-hand menu.
- Click Select a plan.
- Select Change next to the account for which you want to change plans.
- Choose the plan that's right for you and click the Select button.
- Confirm your choice by selecting Confirm.
In the mobile app:
- Under Quick access, select Accounts.
- Choose the account.
- Select Information.
- Select Plan.
- Select Change plans.
- Choose the plan that's right for you.
- Confirm your choice by selecting Confirm.
The new plan takes effect immediately.
1-800-224-7737 This link opens your phone app (1-800-CAISSES)
Choose your transaction plan based on the number of transactions you make each month and the balance you usually maintain in your everyday account.
For example, if you make few transactions with your everyday account, the Basic plan could meet your needs with its 12 transactions included. If you need more flexibility, a plan with unlimited monthly transactions such as the Unlimited or Unlimited Plus might suit you better.