Get a free quote and, if you're eligible, buy your car insurance online!
Already insured with us?
Car insurance designed to fit your needs
To be well protected, you need insurance coverage that's tailored for you and your car. We offer coverage options and discounts for different types of drivers and lifestyles. Get a quote today and protect your car for the right price.
Save on your car insurance
We have discounts and offers to get you a better price for your car insurance. Find out which ones you qualify for.
Double Contract discount for home and car
Get up to 15% off your home insurance by bundling your home and car insurance policies with us.1
Other savings and discounts
Ajusto: Take control of your car insurance costs
Sign up for the Ajusto® program and get a personalized premium based on your driving habits and behaviours. It pays to drive safe with Ajusto.2
Discover our auto coverages
Learn about our coverage types to see which ones you really need.
- Civil Liability
- All Perils
- 5-Year Replacement Cost
- Trouble-Free Option®
How the auto claims process works
In the event of an accident, collision, theft or other loss, you can file your claim online, in the Desjardins Insurance Home-Auto app or by phone 24/7. We're here to guide you every step of the way.
Manage your auto insurance online
Log in to Online Services or our app to easily manage your insurance anytime, anywhere.
- View your insurance documents
- Display your digital proof of auto insurance in the app3
- Update your payment information
- File a claim
- Tell us you're putting a vehicle in storage
- Change your address
Download the Desjardins Insurance Home-Auto app
Get help from a local Desjardins Agent
Work with a Desjardins Agent in your area for your insurance and financial needs.
- Direct line of communication
- Advice based on your lifestyle and goals
- Personalized management of your file
- Long-term relationship
Get your car insurance online
Get an online quote and, if you're eligible, buy your car insurance without having to call us.
Insure your recreational vehicle with us, too
Choose coverage designed for your type of vehicle or watercraft and get out there knowing you're well protected.
Let's look at why the cost of auto insurance in Canada has gone up:
Claims are on the rise
- A return to regular driving habits translates into more accidents.
- New, and even used, vehicles are harder to come by, which can mean a higher number of car thefts.
- Extreme weather events, such as heavy rain, high winds and hail can also push up the number of claims made.
Claims are more costly
- Today's vehicles, equipped with driver-assistance features, cost more to repair.
- The general lack of vehicles, replacement parts and staff shortages at body shops and garages slow down claim-processing times and result in additional costs.
- Inflation has also caused the cost of parts and labour to creep up.
- Physical rehabilitation fees for accident victims have also increased.
All of these factors can affect your car insurance price, whether you've made a claim or not.
Did you know there are ways you can save on car insurance? For example, if you're a careful driver, sign up for our Ajusto program and you could lower your insurance premium.
Despite the price hike in car insurance, we're working hard to remain a competitive choice. Contact us if you have any questions about your premium. We'll help you find a solution that's right for you.
Your car insurance premium is the price of your insurance. It's the amount you pay monthly or annually to maintain your coverage.
Your car insurance policy is the contract you have with your insurer. It outlines what situations and losses are covered by your insurance.
Your deductible is the amount you have to pay out of pocket when you make a car insurance claim. Example: Let's say you have a $500 deductible, and you have an accident that's covered by your policy. If the repairs cost $5,000, you pay the first $500 and your insurance pays the remaining $4,500.
Client Relations Centre
Monday to Friday: 8 AM to 8 PM
Saturday: 8 AM to 4 PM