Saving for your retirement
- RRSPs, TFSAs and IPPs
- Guaranteed investment products
- Funds and investment solutions
- Portfolio management services
- Borrowing to invest
Borrowing to invest
How about borrowing to invest in your retirement?
Attractive rate and flexible repayment terms.
- Fixed or variable rate, lower than the rate on a personal loan
- You can switch from a variable rate to a fixed rate, and vice-versa, at any time
- 1 to 5 year terms
- Weekly, bi-weekly or monthly payment schedule
Contribute using a second, separate credit limit on your Visa Desjardins card.
- Available in just a few minutes.
- Second credit limit on a Visa Desjardins card is separate from your current transaction limit.
- The interest rate is different from the credit card rate; it is equivalent to the rate for an RRSP loan if you invest the cash advance in a Desjardins investment vehicle.
The real cost of this financing is offset by your income tax savings and by the investment income that accumulates tax free.
For the seasoned investor.
- Variable interest rate based on loan amount and other criteria.
- Minimum of $25,000.
- Loan payment frequency: weekly or monthly.
- Pay off your loan whenever you want, in part or in full, without being charged extra fees.
Create a customized plan with your financial planner, who will provide information about the advantages and drawbacks of leveraging, anticipated returns on investments, your tax rate and repayment terms.
Maximize your contribution!
- Minimum $25,000 mortgage-secured line of credit
- Allows you to borrow up to 80% of the market value of your property
- Easy to use and flexible
- Can be used to manage all your credit needs