Students, interns and recent graduates
Desjardins makes way for the next generationImage
Your talent is what moves us forward!
Young Intern Officer Program
Are you a caisse member between the ages of 18 and 30 who's looking to add real-life professional experience and accomplishments to your resumé? Take part in the life of Canada's largest financial cooperative by sitting the Board of Directors or Board of Supervision at a caisse.
What is the program all about?
- Sit on a Board of Directors or Board of Supervision as an observer.
- Promote the socio-economic development of the community.
- Have an influence on the decisions of a financial cooperative.
- Contribute to the development of a strategic and business plan and oversee implementation.
- Access to a training program on financial institution management.
- Get initiated to analyzing ethical and deontological issues.
- Get on-the-job training on being an elected officer of a Board of Directors or Board of Supervision.
- Get introduced to a network of professionals.
What is the role of a Young Intern Officer?
Actively participate in caisse decisions.
Uphold the mission and cooperative values of Desjardins.
See to the caisse's strategic performance and risk management.
Maintain relationships with caisse members and the community.
What is a Board of Directors?
It's a group of professionals responsible for guiding, defining and overseeing the caisse's operations.
In Quebec, what is a Board of Supervision?
It oversees caisse operations and activities from the perspective of ethics, professional conduct and cooperation. It gives opinions and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors.
Learn more about elected officers and young intern officers.
Check the list of job openings and apply.