Auto insurance discounts and savings
Discover our discounts and tips to help you get the best price for your car insurance.
How to save on your auto insurance
The make and model of your car, the area you live in and your driving record are some of the factors that determine the price of your car insurance. But there are ways to get a lower rate.
For example, you might qualify for certain discounts. You can also follow our tips, such as comparing quotes for different models before buying a car, or choosing a higher deductible.
Our discounts and savings
Double Contract discount for home and auto
Bundle your home and auto insurance with us and save on your home insurance.
- Homeowners save up to 10%
- Condo owners and tenants save up to 15%
You also get Desjardins legal assistance and the Trouble-Free Option® for free.
Insure all your vehicles with us and get a discount on your premium.
Have 2 or more cars?
Get 15% off for each insured car, 50% off the Trouble-Free Option and free Desjardins legal assistance.
Have a car and a recreational vehicle?
Get 10% off for each recreational vehicle you insure with us.1
Have a clean driving record? Save up to 10% if you've had no traffic violations in the last 3 years.2
Are you 30 or under? You can save on your car insurance.
Are you 25 or under and a caisse member? Get an extra $50 annual rebate for each insured vehicle and free Roadside Assistance.
Electric, Hybrid or Fuel-Efficient Cars
Driving an eco-friendly vehicle can lower your rate if you qualify for our Green savings.
- Fuel-efficient car3: Save 10%
- Hybrid car: Save 15%
- Electric car: Save 20%
Save more with Ajusto
Ajusto® is the best way to get a more personalized car insurance premium. Sign up for this free program if you want a price that reflects your driving behaviours and habits.4
Get a 10% enrolment discount on your premium for the first 6 months after signing up.
Get your car insurance online
Get an online quote and, if you're eligible, buy your auto insurance without having to call us.
With a local Desjardins Agent
For personalized advice and coverage tailored to your needs, work with a Desjardins Agent.
4 tips to save on your car insurance premium
- Choose a higher deductible if you're able to pay more out of pocket in the event of a claim.
- Consider skipping coverage that protects your car if your car's value is lower than the combined amount of your deductible and premium.
- Estimate your kilometres per year as accurately as possible when getting a quote. Your annual mileage is a factor used to determine your premium.
- Compare quotes for different models when car shopping. Certain models are more expensive to insure, like luxury or sports cars.
Choose your coverage
Learn about our coverage types to get an insurance policy that's right for you.
Client Relations Centre
Monday to Friday: 8 AM to 8 PM
Saturday: 8 AM to 4 PM