Saving for your retirement
- RRSPs, TFSAs and IPPs
- Guaranteed investment products
- Funds and investment solutions
- Portfolio management services
- Borrowing to invest
RRSPs, TFSAs and IPPs
Put money aside with help from the government
Flexible, efficient and available to everyone.
- Reduces your annual taxable income.
- Savings you make during your working years are sheltered from tax so you can supplement your future retirement income.
- Plan transferable tax-free to your spouse at your death.
- Can be used to help you buy a home (HBP).
- Can be used to go back to school (LLP).
- Must be transferred into a RRIF (Registered Retirement Income Fund) no later than December 31 of the year you turn 71.
- Depending on your personal situation, different types of RRSPs may suit you.
For retirement or short-term projects.
- Registered savings plan that allows you to put money aside tax-free to reach short-term goals throughout your life
- Non-taxable investment income
- Withdrawals non-taxable and without charge, regardless of the reason for the withdrawal1
- Contributions not tax-deductible
- Certain restrictions may apply, depending on the investment.
Contribute more than the RRSP-allowed maximum.
- Pension plan for one person
- Employer-sponsored plan where contributions are paid by the business and deductible from its income
- Defined benefits: the amount of the annuity is determined in advance (an actuary calculates the contributions required to guarantee it)
- Intended for business owners and senior managers over 45 whose income is $75,000 or more a year