Senior Director of Canadian Economics
Inflation in Canada Is Always and Everywhere the Bank of Canada’s Problem
June 9, 2023
- Canadian existing home sales were probably up sharply again in May.
- Canada: May housing starts are expected to have been more muted.
- While the Fed is expected to hit pause, another rate hike wouldn't come as a surprise.
- US inflation should continue to ease, driven by falling energy prices.
- We expect another rise in US industrial production but a slump in retail sales.
- The European Central Bank will likely raise its rates again.
See the full publication in PDF.
Contact our economists
Elsewhere in Canada:
1-866-866-7000 This link will launch your default phone software.