Credit card with no conversion fees on US dollar transactions
Eligibility: must have a Desjardins credit card
For trips up to 3 days
Why get the U.S. Visa* card
You can make US dollar transactions without having to worry about exchange rate fluctuations. This card is a great choice if you:
- Often travel to the United States
- Live part of the year in the United States
- Have a US dollar account
Ready to apply?
Benefits of the U.S. Visa card
Travel insurance for trips up to 3 days
Get free travel insurance for you and your family2 for trips of up to 3 days.
- Emergency healthcare coverage: up to $5 million per person.3
- Trip cancellation coverage: up to $500 per person if the trip is cancelled before departure and up to $1,000 per person if the trip is cancelled after departure. You need to pay for your ticket with your credit card to get this coverage.
- Baggage coverage: up to $500 per person if your baggage is lost or damaged by a common carrier, delayed for more than 6 hours or stolen.
- Travel assistance: 24/7, anywhere in the world.
Help in case of emergency when travelling
Going away for more than 3 days?
You'll need to extend your insurance so you're covered for the whole trip.
Learn more about this insurance
The summary includes key information on your travel insurance. The insurance policy includes all conditions and exclusions to do with your travel insurance. Pay close attention to the exclusion for injuries or unstable medical conditions.
Auto rental collision and loss damage insurance
This insurance covers you for up to 48 consecutive days in the event your rental car is damaged or stolen when you pay for the total cost of the rental with your card.4
Help in case of an accident
Information and claims
Canada and the US:
1-888-409-4442 Phone number to find out more about auto rental collision and loss damage insurance or to make a claim in Canada and the US. This will launch your default phone software.
Other countries (collect call):
613-634-4993 Collect call phone number to find out more about auto rental collision and loss damage insurance or to make a claim while travelling outside Canada and the US. This will launch your default phone software.
Learn more about this coverage
The product summary describes your insurance coverage. Review the insurance certificate for your card to learn about all the terms and conditions of your coverage and how you can benefit.
Financing and cash advances
- Get cash advances of up to US$2,500 a day5 at 19.4% interest.
Good to know
When you take out a cash advance, you're charged interest right away. In contrast, when you make purchases with your credit card, you have an interest-free grace period of 21 days from the date the statement is issued.
Additional features and options
- No annual fee for additional cards
- 21-day grace period to pay off your balance without incurring interest, except on cash advances1
1. Log in to Desjardins My US Card.
2. Select the Payment tab.
3. Follow the instructions.
Once you've made a payment, you'll see DW (direct withdrawal) next to the transaction on your statement.
Keep in mind that you need to have registered a US dollar account at a Canadian institution. You can't use a Desjardins Bank account (Florida) for online payments.
Send the detachable part of your Desjardins U.S. Visa card statement along with a US dollar cheque to the following address:
Desjardins Card Services
450 Boul. De Maisonneuve O.
Payment services, 2nd floor
Montreal QC H3A 0H2
You can send a cheque from a Canadian or American bank. But cheques from a Canadian dollar account aren't accepted.
At a caisse or credit union
- Desjardins members: You can make a payment from your US dollar account or pay with cash in US dollars at the counter.
- Non-members: You can only pay with cash in US dollars at the counter.
You can also make payments with certified cheques.
Yes, you have to make online payments from a US dollar account at a Canadian financial institution. Keep in mind you can't use a Desjardins Bank account (Florida) for online payments.
You can make payments in Canadian dollars at a caisse or credit union, but you'll be charged currency conversion fees.
- Change your contact information
- Increase your credit limit
- Get online statements
Call the PIN NOW service at 1-866-600-4744 Phone number for the PIN NOW service. This link will launch your default phone software. to:
- Change your PIN
- Get a new PIN
When you call us
1. Enter your credit card number.
2. Enter the primary cardholder's date of birth.
3. Enter the CVV: the 3-digit security number on the back of your credit card.
4. If there are several cardholders on the account, the automated system will ask you to enter your first name. This makes sure the new PIN is assigned to the right card.
5. Choose a new PIN. It must include 4 digits and contain no repetitions (for example, 1212) or sequences of more than 3 digits (for example, 1234).
For security reasons, you can only change the PIN once per 24-hour period.
Good to know: You'll need your PIN to get cash advances.
No, you can't set up pre-authorized payments on your U.S. Visa card.
Yes, you can use your U.S. Visa card outside the US. But cash advances or purchases made in a currency other than the US dollar will be payable in US dollars.
The amount will be charged in the foreign currency, then converted into US dollars at the exchange rate determined by the Federation des caisses Desjardins du Québec. A 2.5% currency conversion fee will be added to your U.S. Visa account on the day the currency is converted.
You can't use a U.S. Visa card to:
- Get a telegraph money order
- Make online casino transactions
- Buy currency in non-financial institutions
Apply for the U.S. Visa card
Canada and the US:
Other countries (collect call):