Apply for an international development job with DID
Put your expertise and human qualities to work for Desjardins International Development (DID). The work we do in Canada and around the globe provides a rewarding personal experience and an opportunity to build a better world.
Make a difference with DID
Our experts have many years of experience and in-depth knowledge related to our financial inclusion efforts. They often speak three languages and have a background in the financial or banking industry. Our mission is to empower economically disadvantaged populations.
Jobs in Quebec
Make use of your expertise and dedication to support international development projects from our head office near Quebec City.
Work at the centre of the action and use your know-how on the front lines. We have about twenty experienced staff members in the field overseas for multi-year assignments.
Why work at DID?
Help change the world
You can draw on your expertise and dedication to improve the living conditions of marginalized populations and meet their needs.
Advance your career
When you work in international development, you use your ingenuity to tackle rewarding challenges, deepen your knowledge alongside seasoned colleagues and test your limits on a daily basis.
Join a team of open-minded individuals
Our teams' diverse viewpoints and life experiences boost our creativity and enhance our approach.
Achieve your full potential
Join us and discover a job where you'll feel useful and build on your skills in a positive and innovative environment.
Team up to better move forward
Leverage your talent and experience in a team of complementary strengths to make a real difference.
A considerate and engaged employer
Excellent working conditions both abroad and in Canada
Join an organization that enables you to find fulfillment both at work and in your personal life.
- Competitive salary with an annual review
- Yearly bonus based on organizational performance
- Work-life balance
- A defined benefit pension plan
- Online consultations with healthcare professionals
- Group insurance plan
- Allowance for physical and mental health expenses
- Ongoing professional development
Values and actions you can identify with
You'll be proud to work for an employer that shares your beliefs and shows it.
- We've been promoting cooperative values all over the globe for 50 years. It's truly satisfying to see the impact of our projects in the field.
- We take real-world initiatives that promote sustainable development. Desjardins International Development has been carbon-neutral since 2017.
Apply for a job at Desjardins International Development
If your profile matches up with any of our specialist positions, and you want to help us further financial inclusion in the world, there might be a job for you at DID.
We're looking for people with the following qualifications:
- Proficiency in a finance-related profession
- Several years of experience working at a financial institution in an advisory role or in project-based interventions
- Training in an appropriate discipline
- Fluency in at least 2 of the following languages: English, French and Spanish
- International work experience for certain positions
DID is an executing agency that responds to calls for tender issued by major international financial backers, who have specific expectations of our organization.
Although the qualifications we're looking for vary from one project to the next, here's the typical profile we're likely to consider:
- More than 8 years of microfinance experience
- Experience implementing major projects funded by international backers
- Work experience or multiple missions in developing countries
- Thorough knowledge of beneficiaries' financial needs
- Understanding of development aid issues and priorities
DID's head office is a French-speaking environment located in Lévis, Quebec. You need to be able to speak and write in French in order to communicate with your colleagues.
Our international contracts usually run for 24 months, but financial backers ultimately decide on the duration of assignments.
Even though DID doesn't regularly offer foreign volunteering, we do sometimes need help with our technical assistance activities. In these cases, volunteers are given an opportunity to share expertise acquired during their professional career.
Our volunteers are generally pre-retirees, retirees or experienced members of a professional association who are willing to give 2 to 4 weeks of their time to carry out support missions abroad.