- Lorenzo Tessier-Moreau, Principal Economist, and Hendrix Vachon, Principal Economist
Retail Rate Forecasts
Signs of Economic Slowdown Could Signal the End of Rate Hikes
September 21, 2023
- The economy continues to expand in the US, but signs of weakness are showing up elsewhere.
- Another pause could mark the end of rate hikes in Canada.
- Uncertainty and higher bond yields are helping the US dollar.
- The stock market rally could start to lose steam.
See the full publication in PDF.
Contact our economists
Elsewhere in Canada:
1-866-866-7000 This link will launch your default phone software.