Quebec and Ontario Economic News
Job Numbers Are Up in Quebec and Ontario
November 4, 2022
- Canada added a robust 108,300 jobs in October, concentrated mainly in Ontario (+42,700) and Quebec (+27,800).
- For Ontario, it marks the first increase in jobs since May, most of them part-time (+37,400).
- Quebec’s increase is comparable to the one it recorded in August, after a flat September. Full-time employment grew by 64,600 jobs in October.
- In Ontario, the unemployment rate edged up from 5.8% in September to 5.9% in October as the labour force increased sharply.
- In Quebec, the unemployment rate fell to 4.1% in October from September’s 4.4%.
See the full publication in PDF.
Contact our economists
Elsewhere in Canada:
1-866-866-7000 This link will launch your default phone software.