- Jimmy Jean • Mathieu D’Anjou • Benoit P. Durocher • Francis Généreux • Lorenzo Tessier-Moreau • Hendrix Vachon
Inflation Is Spreading in Canada, Reaching a Ten-Year High
August 20, 2021
KEY STATISTICS OF THE WEEK :
- United States: Retail sales retreat in July, but motor vehicle production rebounds.
- U.S. housing starts fell in July.
- Canada: The total annual inflation rate increased more than expected in July.
- Canada: Existing home sales and housing starts are continuing to slow down.
- Canada: Retail sales rebounded in June.
See the full publication in PDF.
Contact our economists
Elsewhere in Canada:
1-866-866-7000 This link will launch your default phone software.