- Jimmy Jean • Mathieu D’Anjou • Benoit P. Durocher • Francis Généreux • Lorenzo Tessier-Moreau • Hendrix Vachon
The Federal Reserve Changes Its Tone
June 18, 2021
KEY STATISTICS OF THE WEEK :
- The Fed hints at first signs of monetary policy normalization.
- United States: Retail sales pulled back in May.
- The increase in U.S. housing starts in May was weaker than expected.
- Canada: The inflation rate climbs to 3.6%.
- Canada: Housing starts edge up in May.
- Canada: Existing home sales drop in May.
See the full publication in PDF.
Contact our economists
Elsewhere in Canada:
1-866-866-7000 This link will launch your default phone software.