LEVIS, QUE. - Desjardins General Insurance Group (DGIG) has released its 2021 Public Accountability Statement. The statement highlights DGIG initiatives that supported the economic, environmental and social well-being of clients, employees and communities in 2021.
Highlights from 2021
- Our commitment to our communities - In 2021, DGIG committed $5,387,040 to charitable donations, sponsorships, philanthropic partnerships and scholarships.
- The Canadian Red Cross - At DGIG, we believe it’s important to provide significant financial support to communities recovering from accidents or natural disasters. That’s why we contributed a total of $649,000 to the Red Cross in 2021 alone.
- Road Safety - DGIG is committed to keeping the roads safe through educating road users and supporting not-for-profit organization such as Traffic Injury Research Fund, Parachute and Arrive Alive. In 2021, DGIG contributed $860,000 to work towards reducing the number of collision related injuries and fatalities on our roadways.
- The Desjardins Assistance Fund - DGIG created the Desjardins Assistance Fund to support our policyholders and Desjardins Group members in Quebec who are affected by disasters not covered by their insurance. In 2021, we provided a total of $31,000 to members and clients through this program.
- Food Banks Canada - Together, Desjardins Insurance and Desjardins Agents in Alberta, Ontario and New Brunswick donated more than $510,000 to Food Banks Canada and 61 other local food banks across the country.
- GoodSpark Small Business Grants - Desjardins supported small businesses across Canada by investing $3 million in the 2021 GoodSpark Small Business Grants program. As a result, 150 locally owned and operated small businesses received $20,000 to help get them back on their feet and positively impact our communities in the wake of the pandemic.
- Supporting sustainability - DGIG’s subsidiaries offer discounts on car and home insurance for clients with fuel-efficient, hybrid or electric vehicles and those who live in LEED-certified buildings.
For more information on these and other initiatives, please refer to DGIG’s Public Accountability Statement. https://www.desjardins.com/ca/about-us/social-responsibility-cooperation/reports/index.jsp
DGIG and its subsidiaries are part of Desjardins Group and DGIG’s initiatives represent an integral part of the Desjardins Group Social and Cooperative Responsibility Report.
For journalists only:
Media Relations, Desjardins
514 281-7000 or 1 866 866-7000, ext. 5553436