Business insurance FAQ
Questions about our insurance for businesses? Find answers in our FAQ.
Business insurance - General questions
Types of insurance
We mainly offer these business insurance coverages:
- Property and liability insurance to help protect your property against fire, theft and water damage, and to protect your business in case a claim is brought against you following property damage or bodily injury to another person.
- Commercial vehicle insurance to help protect the vehicles used for your business activities.
We also have optional coverages that may be of interest, depending on your type of business. For example:
- Professional liability insurance in case a claim is brought against your business following an error, omission or negligent act.
- Cyber risk insurance to help protect your business from the consequences of cyberattacks, data theft and more.
Contact us to find the coverage that's right for your business and get a quote.
Business insurance protects you from the unexpected—whether that's the financial consequences of a loss or lawsuit brought against you.
Even the smallest business needs to protect its equipment and merchandise from fire, water damage and other disasters. And professional liability insurance helps protect your company in case of a lawsuit.
Renewal and cancellation
You should update your coverage whenever there are significant changes to your business or operations. Here are some questions to consider:
- Have you purchased new equipment? Has the value of your property gone up?
- Have your business activities changed? Do you offer any new services, like online orders or delivery?
- Has your revenue gone up or down?
- Has your business moved or did you open another branch?
- Have you updated your computer systems?
- Is your expected cost to rebuild still realistic?
- Has there been a change in the use of your commercial vehicles?
Depending on what's changed, your insurance premium may increase or decrease.
Has your business closed down? Do you need to cancel your insurance for another reason? Call us at 1-866-773-8692 Phone number of the business insurance customer services. This link opens your phone app.
There are no penalties or fees if you cancel on the policy renewal date. However, there may be fees if you cancel before the renewal date. We'll go over everything when you call us.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
We're here to help.
Damage insurance products are underwritten and distributed by Desjardins General Insurance Inc., provider of automobile, property and business insurance.