About the caisse
A financial cooperative with deep roots in the community, Caisse Desjardins
Hydro has 7,300 members. Each caisse member is also a co-owner of the
With Caisse Desjardins Hydro, you're getting:
- 2 service centres, in Montreal and in Quebec City
- A Desjardins Business centre
- A Signature Service
- 30 employees, 23 of whom work closely with members
- A complete range of products and services
- Impactful initiatives with local organizations
Find out more about caisse operations.
Caisse Hydro, a Desjardins Group cooperative.
My caisse Hydro is:
- A financial institution offering a full range of products and services
exclusively for current and retired Hydro-Québec employees and their
- A caisse that meets my needs, guided by a board of directors made up of
Hydro-Québec employees who base their decisions on what’s best for me.
- A team from all financial fields (insurance, securities, business services,
etc.) to support me in all my endeavours. Wherever I am, I get fast, reliable,
- A cooperative that relies on the collective strength of a group of workers:
the more people put their trust in the caisse, the more advantages I get!
- 1956: creation of the first credit union for Hydro-Québec
- 1957: the first annual general meeting
- 1979: merger with Desjardins
- April 1, 2002: the merging of Desjardins credit unions in
Saint-Jérôme, Quebec City, and Montreal gave way to the new Caisse d’économie
Desjardins Hydro that serves all current and retired Hydro-Québec employees, no
matter where they are in Quebec
- Present: Caisse Desjardins Hydro has 30 employees and
serves 7,500 members. Accessibility, innovation, and strong business
relationships are its focus throughout Quebec