A financial cooperative with deep roots in the community, Caisse Desjardins de Rivière-des-Prairies has 10,000 members. Each caisse member is also a co-owner of the caisse.
The mission of the Caisse Desjardins de Rivière-des-Prairies is to contribute to the economic development of its community within the compatible limits of its field of activity:
The Caisse Desjardins de Rivière-des-Prairies is a cooperative financial group integrated in Desjardins Group with deep roots in the community. The Caisse Desjardins de Rivière-des-Prairies aims to be among the leading financial institutions in its community, by both satisfying its members and clients and profitably developing its business by offering accessible, efficient and complete services.
On November 16, 1958, the Caisse populaire de St-Joseph Rivière-des-Prairies was founded. Dr. René Masson was the founding president and Jacques Chagnon was the first manager. The Caisse was first located at 11349, boulevard Gouin Est in Montreal.
The Caisse populaire de St-Joseph Rivière-des-Prairies was soon performing well financially. By September 30, 1967, it already held over $1 million in assets.
The Caisse's name changed a few times during its existence. In June 1983, it became the Caisse populaire de Rivière-des-Prairies and, in October 2004, it became the Caisse Desjardins de Rivière-des-Prairies.