Choose province (Canada) or state (United States), and language

Online services – AccèsD, AccèsD Affaires, online brokerage, full service brokerage.

Log on to Desjardins online services.

You are here: Home > Personal > You are > Newcomers to Canada > Find employment > Loan program for foreign-trained workers

Your browser is configured to not accept cookies. Some features of the site are not available or will not work correctly without cookies. Also, some information presented might not apply to your situation.
See How to enable cookies

Your browser is not supported by our website. Some features of the site are not available or will not work correctly.
See the procedure to update your browser.

Microsoft Edge causes problems on AccèsD. To fix the issue, please install the most recent Windows update.

Loan program for foreign-trained workers

Desjardins ad

Loan program for foreign-trained workers

Loan program for foreign-trained workers

Are you an immigrant? Did you pursue professional training outside Canada and require accreditation, an upgrading course or additional training to get a job in your field in Quebec? Desjardins and Association communautaire d'emprunt de Montréal (ACEM) will support you through a loan program designed exclusively for you.

Desjardins Group and ACEM worked in partnership to implement a pilot project that assists workers trained abroad in obtaining the certifications and training required to gain access to regulated professions and trades in Quebec.

Spearheaded by ACEM, the pilot loan project for foreign credential recognition (FCR) is for workers trained abroad who reside on the island of Montreal, in Laval and on Montreal's south shore.

Who is the foreign credential recognition loan project for?

The foreign credential recognition loan project is for you if:

  • you've been an immigrant living in Canada for 10 years or less
  • you're a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or accepted refugee living in Greater Montreal
  • you've obtained training (professional, technical or university) and work experience abroad and want to continue working in the same field
  • you need accreditation or complementary training to access Quebec's labour market

How can the loans help?

The loans help you pay for:

  • tuition fees for short-term training (2 years or less)
  • language training
  • qualification assessments
  • professional association fees
  • travel expenses for writing an exam
  • books and course materials
  • living allowance while studying
  • other related expenses

To learn more

ACEM holds information sessions every Tuesday at 2:00 p.m. in French and English. To sign up, call 514-843-7296.

See the ACEM site.