Understanding the water cycle
Students ages 6 and 7
April and May
8 hours and 15 minutes
Area of learning:
- Environment and consumption
Financial and cooperative skills
- Differentiating between competition and cooperation
- Learning how to work as a team
- Responsible consumption
Students reinforce what they learned by practicing it in their daily life.
- Time required:
- Suggest that students commit to an ongoing cleanup and awareness activity:
- Hang posters in cleaned areas to create awareness and inform the public that a cleanup activity was held in that area.
- Repeat the activity several times during the year.
- Organize an event such as a news conference or a small gathering in the area to inform and encourage the public to protect their community.
- Write an article for the local newspaper.
- Ask students to choose how they intend to apply the new knowledge the gained in this activity.