Becoming aware of the value of water
Students ages 8 and 9
February and March
2 hours and 30 minutes
Area of learning:
- Environment and consumption
Financial and cooperative skills
- Understanding the effects of humans on the environment
- Using goods and services responsibly
- Prioritizing wants and needs
Students learn how their actions affect the life cycle of drinking water.
Task 1: Thinking about water use
At the end of this task, students will be able to analyse how their water use affects the environment.
- Teaching material:
The Drinking Water Cycle
(PDF, 622 KB)
- Ask students to think about the consequences of their water use habits on the life cycle of drinking water. Hand out the The Drinking Water Cycle sheet to students and explain the task.
- Have students write their answers.
- Discuss as a group..
- Ask students to use a different pencil and complete their answers.
- Collect the sheets to evaluate their understanding of how their water use affects the environment.
The aim of the task is to make students aware that their actions have an effect on the life cycle of drinking water.