Organizing a book launch
Level: Elementary school
Students ages 6 and 7
November and December
Areas of learning:
- Career planning and entrepreneurship
- Citizenship and community life
- Differentiate needs from wants
- Explain a dream clearly
- Become familiar with the cost and tasks related to planning an event
- Find ways to financing an event
Following an in-class discussion on needs and wants, students have the opportunity to describe, write and illustrate their dreams. With your help, students gather everyone's stories to make a book. Family and friends are then invited to the book launch organized to finance a year-end excursion.
|Plastic arts||Produce personal artistic creations||
To translate ideas, use transforming gestures:
|Ethics and Religious Culture||Discussion on ethics issues||Restate ethics issues.
E.g., what is the difference between a need and a want?
- Putting creative thinking into practice
- Developing efficient work methods
- Determining identity
- Working in cooperation