Improving your environment
Level: High school
Students ages 12 to 14
Areas of learning:
- Career planning and entrepreneurship
- Environment and consumption
- Citizenship and community life
- Organize your time
- Work as a team
- Estimate costs and profits associated with launching a product on the market
- Become aware of the value of money
Ask the students to reflect on the solution chosen to meet a need that will help them live better together in society. Also, assess the mathematical problem-solving process.
Task 1: Thinking about the chosen solution
Task 1 objectives
At the end of this task, students will be able to critically look at the solution implemented to meet a need in their environment.
- Time required
Two 30-minute periods
- Discuss with the students and verify whether the solution met the need in the environment.
- Assess the level of involvement of the students in the project and their overall satisfaction after completing it.
Examples of questions to ask yourself:
- Did the project have an impact on the need to be filled?
- Did the solution found meet the targeted need?
Examples of questions to ask the students:
- Did you like participating in the collective entrepreneurial project?
- Did you like participating in developing the solution?
- What could you have done to improve the project's effectiveness?
- What did you learn by doing the project?