Differentiating paid work from unpaid work
Students ages 8 and 9
April and May
5 hours and 26 minutes
Area of learning:
- Citizenship and community life
Financial and cooperative skills
- Differentiating paid work from unpaid work
- Understanding that money is earned by working
Students organize a volunteer activity for a local organization.
- Time required:
- Discuss some volunteer activities students could do in the community.
- Choose an activity and start the process to make it happen.
- After the activity, discuss the sense of satisfaction the students felt after donating their time and make a connection with the subject, paid work.