Budgeting for pet care
Students ages 10 and 11
October and November
Financial and cooperative skills
- Understanding how to plan expenses
- Making a budget and evaluating your financial capacity
- Understanding the importance of saving
- Differentiating between cooperative values
Students make a budget to determine the costs of keeping a class pet (e.g.: a goldfish).
- Time required:
- Suggest that the class adopt a goldfish and determine a budget for it.
- Make a list of required equipment.
- Make a list of food and other necessities for the year. Do an Internet search to find out what the fish needs.
- Find out the costs.
- Make a budget.
- Find the money.
- Buy the fish in a pet shop.