Students ages 10 and 11
7 - 10 hours
Area of learning:
- Environment and consumption
Financial and cooperative skills
- Analyzing the influence of advertising
- Prioritizing needs and wants
- Differentiating between cooperative values
Students learn to use judgment when presented with advertising.
Task 1: Thinking about advertising
At the end of this task, you’ll be able to evaluate whether or not students have a developed critical eye for advertising.
- Time required:
- Teaching material:
A Winning Ad Score Chart
(PDF, 549 KB)
- Use the A Winning Ad Score Chart and watch popular ads with the group.
- Every student should fill out an analysis grid for each ad viewed.
- Together, talk about the ads, strategies and the students' experiences.