As a supporter of the principles of the International Co-operative Alliance, Desjardins Group has always been an advocate of long-term development that balances the 3 dimensions of sustainable development: economic, social and environmental.
Accordingly, Desjardins adopted a sustainable development commitment policy to provide a framework for our efforts in terms of products and services, management practices and socio-economic leadership.
Environmental protection is a key factor of our sustainable development commitment policy. To put this commitment into action, Desjardins has implemented various initiatives.
Sustainable development is a collective issue and prompts Desjardins to work with partners, such as:
- Alliance Switch
- Bourse Scol'ERE
- Coop Carbone
- Espace québécois de concertation sur les pratiques d'approvisionnement responsable (ECPAR)
- The Climate Reality Project Canada
- David Suzuki Foundation
- Regroupement national des conseils régionaux de l'environnement
Desjardins is also proud to provide financial support to university chairs that allow for the development of a sustainable development expertise in Quebec:
- Chaire en éco-conseil de l'Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Chaire en finance responsable de l'Université de Sherbrooke