FAQ – Desjardins credit cards – Cash advances and cheques
If you are a caisse member and an AccèsD user, you can make cash advances online:
- Log in to AccèsD.
- Click Transfers in the right-hand menu, then Transfer between accounts.
- Click From linked to your credit card and To for your everyday account.
- Enter the amount in the Amount field.
- Click OK to verify.
- Check your transaction and click Confirm.
If you don't use AccèsD, you can't make cash advances online.
Online on AccèsD
If you use AccèsD, you can order Desjardins cheques online:
- Log in to AccèsD.
- Click Cards, loans and credit.
- Select the appropriate credit card, click on More options in the right-hand menu, and then on Manage this account.
- In the left-hand menu in the Account management section, click on Other requests, and then on Order cheques.
- Select how many series you want to order.
- Click on Validate and then on Confirm.
You'll receive your cheques within 7 to 10 business days.
If you don't use AccèsD or if you prefer we process your order for you, use the secure form to send us your:
- Desjardins credit card number
- home telephone number
- date of birth
- mother's maiden name
You can also order credit card cheques by calling an advisor at 514-397-4415 or 1-800-363-3380 (toll-free). Business hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To learn more, see Order credit card cheques.
Desjardins credit card cheques are considered as cash advances. As such, they are not subject to the 21-day grace period and BONUSDOLLARS cannot be accumulated.
Desjardins credit card cheques are subject to credit charges that are based on the average daily balance from the date they are posted to the statement of account, at the annual interest rate applicable for the period covered by the statement of account.
Cash advances and Desjardins credit card cheques are subject to credit charges that are based on the average daily balance from the date they appear on the account until they are fully paid. Credit charges are based on the current interest rate for the period of the statement of account.
These charges apply to cash advances made at ATMs, on AccèsD or at a teller of any financial institution.
Cash advances made in foreign currency are subject to an additional 1.8%, currency conversion charge which is added to the daily exchange rate.
The cash advance option may be removed from an account because late payments were made in the past year or a credit file shows a high debt ratio.
However, accounts are re-evaluated periodically. Therefore, by making payments on time and respecting the credit limit, the cash advance option may eventually be reactivated on an account.
Can't find the answer to your question?