FAQ – Desjardins credit cards – Payments
To pay your Desjardins credit card account on AccèsD:
- Log in to AccèsD.
- Click on Bill payments in the right-hand menu
- From the Pay a bill tab, enter the amount you want to pay in the Amount field next to your Desjardins credit card.
- Check the From button next to your everyday account. Click on the Validate button.
- Check your transaction and click Confirm.
If you are a member of a Desjardins caisse, you can make your payment:
- At a Desjardins ATM, by entering the payment amount on the credit card and monthly installment line.
- Online on AccèsD, by clicking on the Bill payments in the right-hand menu.
- By AccèsD Telephone.
If you are not a member of a Desjardins caisse, you can make your payment:
- Online on AccèsD by clicking on Bill payments in the right-hand menu and then on Pay account balance.
- At another financial institution's ATM, online banking site or phone banking service. Allow for 3 to 5 business days for your payment to be received and processed. Check your financial institution’s payment options beforehand.
You can also register for the Desjardins authorized payment service.
- Your monthly payment will be made automatically each month. To register, fill out and send the authorized payment service registration form to the address or fax listed on the form. When your registration is processed, you’ll receive a letter confirming the date of the first automatic withdrawal.
To register for AccèsD:
- Call 1-877-253-7350, options 9, 1, 2. Have your Desjardins credit card on hand.
- Take note of your temporary password, which you’ll have to change the first time you use it.
The Desjardins Authorized Payment Service is free and allows you to pay automatically, in full or in part, your Desjardins credit card account balance. Each month, on the due date of your Desjardins credit account, the amount corresponding to your choice of payment is automatically withdrawn from your account.
Online on AccèsD
If you use AccèsD, you can register for the Desjardins Authorized Payment Service online:
- Log in to AccèsD.
- Click on Cards, loans and credit.
- Select the appropriate credit card and click on the Options button, and then on Manage this account.
- In the left-hand menu in the Account management section, click Add option(s).
- Select Authorized payment.
- Confirm your selection by entering your AccèsD password, which will be considered as your electronic signature.
If you are not an AccèsD user, or if you want the payments to be made from an account at another financial institution, please fill out the Desjardins Authorized Payment Service registration form.
Fill it out and send it by fax or mail to the number or address listed on the form. Be sure to include a personal cheque marked "void" from the account from which you want the payment to be debited.
When your registration is processed, you'll receive a letter confirming the date of the first automatic withdrawal.
If you prefer to receive the authorized payment application form by mail or by fax, use the secure form to send us your:
- Desjardins credit card number
- home telephone number
- date of birth
- mother's maiden name
- fax number, if needed
If you don't use AccèsD, you can call 514-397-4415 or 1-800-363-3380 (toll-free) to speak to an advisor. Business hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
There are 3 payment options when you register for the authorized payment service:
- the minimum payment
- a fixed, pre-established amount
- the payment of the full balance
So, if you make a payment yourself during the month, the amount debited on the due date of your statement will depend on the payment option you chose.
If you chose the minimum payment option and make a payment equal to or higher than the minimum payment due, no withdrawal will be made. However, if the amount of your payment is lower than the minimum payment due, a withdrawal will be made for the difference. For example, if the minimum payment due is $50.00 and you make a payment of $30.00, a withdrawal of $20.00 will be made.
If you chose the fixed payment option, the fixed amount will be withdrawn until the balance on your monthly statement is paid. For example, if the balance of your statement is $200.00 and you set the fixed payment at $100.00, and you then made a payment of $ 150.00 during the month, a withdrawal of $100 would be made and your account would show a credit balance of $50.00.
If you chose the full payment option and you make a payment yourself, the amount debited on the due date of your statement will depend on the total amount of purchases made since your last statement of account. For example, if the balance on your last statement is $7,000, and you haven't made any new purchases since that statement was issued and you make a payment of $2,000, the amount debited on the due date will be $5,000.
However, if you made other transactions since your last statement of account, the amount debited on the due date will automatically pay the current balance in full, up to the balance on your statement of account. For example, if your balance is $7,000 and you made another $2,000 of purchases after your last statement date, and then make a payment of $5,000, the amount debited on your due date will be of $4,000.
Please note that if the amount of the transactions you make after your last statement of account is equal to or higher than your statement balance, the amount debited will be the balance of your last statement. For example, if the balance on your last statement is $7,000 and you spent another $8,000 after your statement date, and make a $2,000 payment, the amount debited will be $7,000.
These situations apply only if payments are received at least 48 business hours before the statement due date. If you make a payment the last day before the statement due date, it will not change the amount automatically debited by the Desjardins Authorized Payment Service.
If you want to change the type of withdrawal you chose when you registered, please advise us at least 48 business hours prior to your statement due date. Otherwise, the change will not be in effect for the current statement of account.
To change the account from which your authorized payment is debited, send the following information to the address or fax number listed below:
- a void cheque for the new account
- your Desjardins account number
- the reason for your request
Fax: 514-397-0404 or 1-888-875-0444 (toll-free)
Desjardins Card Services
425 avenue Viger Ouest
Please note that your request will be processed within 48 business hours following the receipt of your void cheque. If your statement due date falls before this 48-hour period is up, the change will be effective on your next statement of account.
You have 3 options if you made a payment on your Desjardins credit card by mistake:
- Contact your caisse and ask for a payment reversal.
- Make a cash advance.
- You can also cancel payments on your Desjardins and other credit cards, but only on the payment date. Click More options – Cancel a transaction – Bill payments – Cancel payment. If a cardholder wants to cancel a Desjardins credit card payment, we'll check the card balance to make sure that cancelling the payment won’t put the cardholder over their credit card limit.
Make sure you have a credit balance on your Desjardins credit card account before making a cash advance to avoid interest charges.
To get a cash advance:
- Log in to AccèsD.
- Click on Bill payments in the right-hand menu.
- From the Make a payment tab, enter the desired amount in the Amount field next to your Desjardins card.
- Select the From button next to your everyday account.
- Click the OK button.
- Check your transaction and click the Confirm button.
If you don't use AccèsD, you won't be able to make cash advances online. You can go to your caisse or ATM.
Remember that if you carry a balance on your Desjardins credit card, cash advances are subject to credit charges, calculated as of the date they’re posted on your statement of account until paid in full. Credit charges are calculated at the annual interest rate in force for the period included on the statement.
Credit charges apply to cash advances made online, at ATMs or at tellers of any financial institution.
Any payment received shall be applied first to:
- Credit charges posted on the account statement.
- Monthly instalments posted to the account statement for equal instalment financing, deferred equal instalment financing, multiple purchases by equal instalments, cash advances made under the equal instalments program and RRSP financing.
- Cash advances, cheques and regular purchases from a previous period, in decreasing order of applicable annual interest rate.
- Cash advances and cheques that have not yet been posted to the account statement, in decreasing order of applicable annual interest rate.
- Regular purchases that have not yet been posted to the account statement.
Credit charges won't apply to purchases appearing on the statement of account if the full balance is paid by the due date.
However, if the balance of your previous statement of account hasn't been paid in full, the purchases that appear on this statement will be subject to credit charges. They will be calculated from the date they are posted to the statement of account to the date they are paid in full and based on the annual interest rate in effect for the statement period. In other words, credit charges are based on the purchases that appeared on the previous statement period, and take into account any payments that have been made.
Credit charges for cash advances and Desjardins credit card cheques are calculated daily (from the moment the withdrawal is made or the cheque is cashed) until the payment is received in full.
Consult your variable credit agreement for examples of credit charge calculations.
Monthly Accord D instalments are automatically transferred to your current Desjardins credit card balance. This means that by paying the minimum amount due on your bill, you also pay your Accord D monthly instalment.
You can make your monthly payment online, at an ATM or by mail.
After you pay your monthly installment, you can apply an additional amount directly to the Accord D financing plan (a principal payment) on AccèsD, at the ATM or by mail (use the detachable stub).
Find out more about Payment options.
When you have a deferred payment financing plan, you are not required to make payments before the plan due date. However, you can make principal payments at any time. On AccèsD, or at a Desjardins ATM, select Accord D – Plan xxx. Plan xxx is the number of the plan for which you want to make a principal payment. If you send your payment by mail, use the detachable stub labeled Accord D Desjardins and write in the number of the financing plan.
Find out more about Payment options
Yes, you can change the billing cycle of your statement if it doesn't meet your needs.
You can send us your request using your secure AccèsD message box. Make sure to include the following information:
- Recipient: Credit cards and prepaid cards
- Subject: Transactions, statements of account
- Indicate that you want to change your billing cycle in the body of the email and include:
- The name of the account you wish to change
- The desired due date for your statement of account
You may also ask to change the billing cycle of your statement by calling Customer Service at 514-397-4415 or 1-800-363-3380 (toll-free). Business hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Saturday to Sunday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
There are various ways to retrieve a credit balance.
The amount can stay in your Desjardins credit card account to pay for future purchases.
You can also retrieve your credit balance by making a cash advance at any Desjardins caisse or ATM, or online on AccèsD.
Online on AccèD
To make a cash advance:
- Log in to AccèsD.
- Click on Transfers in the right-hand menu and then on Transfers between accounts.
- Click on the From button next to your Desjardins credit card and on the To button next to your everyday account.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Click on the Validate button.
- Check your transaction and click on Confirm.
You can also contact your Desjardins caisse or financial institution to find out if you can reverse the payment that resulted in the credit balance.
Can't find the answer to your question?