Desjardins Access Card
More practical than money!
Whether in Canada or the U.S., make debit purchases or withdraw cash:
- at nearly 500,000 Interac1 merchants, in Canada;
- at more than 1.5 million NYCE2 retailers, in the U.S.
Withdraw cash anywhere in the world:
- at over 50,000 ATMs in Canada;
- at over one million PLUS3 Network ATMs worldwide.
The Desjardins Access Card lets you:
- access your chequing or savings account information using:
- identify yourself as a member at
The Personal Identification Number (PIN) is your electronic signature. A PIN must be linked to your Desjardins Access Card to allow you to access your accounts and carry out transactions. Therefore, if your card is stolen, no one can use it for
transactions without entering the PIN that you have assigned to this card.
Select a PIN using information that is known only to you. If you use your address, telephone number, date of birth, etc., it could be more easily discovered. Change your PIN right away if you think someone has learned it.
Here are a few pointers concerning your PIN:
- Do not lend your card to anyone.
- Never give your PIN to anyone, not even to a caisse employee, police officer, friend or family member.
- Always keep your card within view during transactions.
- Memorize your PIN. Do not write it down anywhere, especially on your card.
- Be discreet: hide the keypad with your body or hand when you enter your personal identification number (PIN).
- Refuse to enter your PIN on a keypad that you cannot hold in your hands.
- Do not enter your PIN a second time without first verifying that the previous transaction was cancelled.
- At the end of the transaction, recover your card and get a transaction receipt.
Desjardins has a procedure in place to protect members against credit card skimming.
1. TM Registered trademark of Interac inc. Used under licence.
2. MD Registered trademark of NYCE Corporation. Used under licence.
3. *Visa Int/Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec, authorized user.